----Original Message Follows----
From: ElephantChild <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Yee, Jason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: "'joel.studtmann'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"'cisco@groupstudy. com (E-mail)'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: high speed internet access over satellite dish?
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 12:00:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Yee, Jason wrote:

 > yup I do any ideas ?

It's probably not worth it unless a significant part of your traffic is
with hosts located just behind the remote satellite hop or with a
high-bandwidth path to the satellite hop. And if you do, you probably
want to make sure that both your hosts and the hosts you access support
RFC1323 (for long TCP connections, eg transfer of large files) and
RFC1644 (for bursts of short sessions, such as loading a web page and
images it references).

--
Bungee jumping and skydiving are for wimps. If you want to experience
true gut-wrenching terror, have children. --Dusty Rhoades.