Thanks Daniel,

That's what I had thought and hoped for - I just felt that the way it was
written made it sound like it just kept on notifying other switches.

I am currently creating a "good-old-dos" application in Turbo Pascal 5.5
that will simulate a set-command based switch. It is not a true simulator
(yet) since it will only tell you if your command was good or not, and what
the result of the command would be. Anyway, I am putting in the commands as
I read them in the book - that way I can practise them on the way.

When I'm done with it, and if it turns out to be any good - I will make it
available for free at my website.

May the rest of your weekend be great,

Ole

 Ole Drews Jensen