That's correct, and having a lower administrative distance means that a
static route is "preferred" over a dynamic route, but not "faster." If the
router has more than one way to get to a network in its routing table, it
selects the path with the lowest administrative distance, which would be a
static route by default.

Sorry, if it seems like I'm being picky, but it sounded like maybe someone
had told you the static route would be faster. It's probably just a
language thing. We Americans expect everyone to understand our strange
wordings! &;-)

Priscilla