auto-negotiate is usually a no no.  Reasone being that switches and nics
are usally made by diff. vendors and react differently to each other......

heck....i have 3com switches AND 3 com nic cards....and i still need to go
around the office in the morning....and do a "winipcfg".....lol

Deepak

Doug Laing wrote:

> Can someone explain to me why auto-negotiate on a Catalyst 5500 and a
> NIC is not always reliable.

          \\|//
          (o o)
      oOOo-(_)-oOOo