Doug,
  I see you're using one of your "lifelines"
  I'd go with answer B & make it your final answer.

  Reason as stated in the ACRC book is "The only time a DR or BDR will
change is if one of them goes down.  If the DR goes down, the BDR takes over
as the DR and a new BDR is elected.  If the BDR goes down, a new BDR is
elected."

HTH,
Steve