Actually, setting bit 8 to 0 disables the break feature when the routing is
running normally, NOT during boot (this is the default).  Setting this bit
to 1, some shmoe could press the break key while it is up and routing
normally, the router would drop into ROM mode, thereby stoping the
forwarding of all packets.  As you might imagine, this is a VERY dangerous
bit to play with.

Again, we come back to the viability of a big padlock...

-----
Kristopher B. Climie, CCNP, CCDP

"Ole Drews Jensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
2019FB428FD3D311893700508B71EBFB313920@RWR_MAIL_SVR">news:2019FB428FD3D311893700508B71EBFB313920@RWR_MAIL_SVR...
> Well, the "no service password-recovery" is an unknown command on my
Routers