Since you have the routers in different AS's, they are using eBGP
instead of iBGP. If the peer addresses aren't on a directly connected
network, you need the following command on both routers:

neighbor x.x.x.x ebgp-multihop

On 14-Sep-2000, Hubert Pun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the two loopback as the update sources between two BGP
> external peers.  And I also have a OSPF running so that the routing
> table for both router realize the other router's loopback
>
> Router 1:
> router bgp 2
>  neighbor 10.44.1.1 remote-as 1
>  neighbor 10.44.1.1 update-source Loopback1
>
> Router 2:
> router bgp 1
>  neighbor 10.33.1.65 remote-as 2
>  neighbor 10.33.1.65 update-source Loopback0
>

> however, the bgp state is Idle, instead of establish.  Is it a bug in
> the cisco software?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hubert

  ** Andrew W. Smith ** [EMAIL PROTECTED] ** Chief Network Engineer **
    ** http://www.neosoft.com/neosoft/staff/andrew ** 1-888-NEOSOFT **
     ** NeoSoft, Inc. An Internet America Company  1-800-BE-A-GEEK **
       ** "Opportunities multiply as they are seized" - Sun Tzu **