Dear Group,

I'm looking on CCO and haven't found the answer to my latest problem.

I'm trying to upgrade the IOS on a RSM and while logged on with the
"session" command, I can't ping anywhere.

The ip address is set on sc0 and the default gateway is set.

When I'm at the Console> (enable) prompt from the switch cli, I can ping
anywhere I want.

What is the secret of pinging from the console of the RSM?

I want to do this mainly to check connectivity to a TFTP server to upgrade
the IOS on the RSM - but I don't seem to have any.

In the same vein, is there a trick to upgrading the IOS on the RSM?  CCO
waltzes all around this in the searches I have tried so far or maybe I just
haven't found it yet.

some advice welcome!

Kevin Wigle