Have you set an IP address on the RSM?
Remember, an RSM is just a Router on a card. It's not part of the Sup
module.

Scotty

> Dear Group,
>
> I'm looking on CCO and haven't found the answer to my latest problem.
>
> I'm trying to upgrade the IOS on a RSM and while logged on with the
> "session" command, I can't ping anywhere.
>
> The ip address is set on sc0 and the default gateway is set.
>
> When I'm at the Console> (enable) prompt from the switch cli, I can ping
> anywhere I want.
>
> What is the secret of pinging from the console of the RSM?
>
> I want to do this mainly to check connectivity to a TFTP server to upgrade
> the IOS on the RSM - but I don't seem to have any.
>
> In the same vein, is there a trick to upgrading the IOS on the RSM?  CCO
> waltzes all around this in the searches I have tried so far or maybe I just
> haven't found it yet.
>
> some advice welcome!
>
> Kevin Wigle

Scott Nelson - Network Engineer
Wash DC     +1202-270-8968 & +1202-352-6646
Los Angeles +1310-367-6646
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.bnmnetworks.net

PGP Public Key:
http://home.earthlink.net/~scottnelson/keys/srnbnm.txt

"The better the customer service, the sooner you get to speak
with someone who can't help you."