From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Derek Chung
Sent: 17 September 2000 13:19
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: CCIE Questions...

Question 1:
Router A and Router B are configured to route IP to each other over a serial
line. Host A is connected to Router A and Host B is connected to Router B. A
packet is sent from Host A to host B. A hit on the serial line causes an
error in the packet. Retransmission is sent by:

Question 2:
During the middle of a TCP conversion across a routed backbone, the network
receives a voltage spike and several of the packets are damaged. Where are
the packets retransmitted from?

Question 3:
Computer1 --------[Segment
A]-------RouterA--------------RouterB----------[SegmentB]--------------Compu
ter2
A packet is sent to Computer 2 from Computer 1. A collision occurs on
Segment B. Which device will retransmit the frame and what will the source
MAC address be (when the packet actually reaches Segment B)?

Question 4:
When computer A sends a frame to computer B across many routers, how will
the source and destination layer 3 addresses change? How will the source and
destination layer 2 addresses change?