Congrats!

I feel books are a lot more complete than what you can learn with an
elearning course. It is only part
of what you need to learn. It is in effect ONE tool.

Keeping also in mind that ONE book is never enough to learn. It is however
sometimes enough to pass an exam
but who on this list just want to "pass" an exam. We are here to know the
stuff.

CCO is in my opinion the best reference out there. It beats books. The
drawback is that it provides tons and tons
of information and you have to choose what you should read. But all the
information is in there somewhere.

There are also some good self test that can help you gage and I stress the
word GAGE your knowledge in
an area. It will help you know if you understand the subject as well as you
think you understand it.

And like me you are limited while you are studying with the hands-on.
Virtual labs are a good tool, if you have the $
to practice. When I first started my Cisco cert. I did not know that it was
possible to practice on the internet some of the stuff you learn in the
books. I bought a couple of PC Bus cards to be able to practice my routing.
It is definitely not enough but that is all I could afford.

This list is also a good learning tool. Read, read, and read some more. Try
to solve some of these problems that
are presented on this list. It is amazing how you can learn.

My point is: try to use all the resources available out there. It would be
nice to have the LAB but you can learn to a certain level without the
expansive lab at home.