show cam dynamic slot/port will show you which ports map to which Mac addresses.

cam = content addressable memory

--Scott

Piatnitchi Cristian wrote:

Hi all

Could anybody instruct  me how to find the correspondence between MAC
addresses for connected devices
and those ports where devices are connected ?

Environment: Catalyst 5000 series and SNMP.

I tried with rfc1493.mib

>>iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.dot1dBridge.dot1dTp.dot1dTpFdbTable  -
1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3

>>A table that contains information about unicast entries for which the
bridge has forwarding and/or filtering information.  This information is
>>used by the transparent bridging function in determining how to propagate
a received frame.

but this table has unknown index values for dot1dTpFdbPort, so I cant guess
the correspondence of MAC addresses with their source ports.

Cristian Piatnitchi