Hello Everyone

In the diagram below, supposing all the links are ATM's,  is it possible to
rely on ATM to accomplish load balancing when the traffic goes from A to D,
i.e. load balance between B route & C route?
My understanding is that since ATM is connection-oriented, all the session
traffic must follow the same route, hence you have to depend on higher level
protocol (i.e. TCP/IP) in order to load balance, but someone informed that
this is an ATM feature..
Can anyone guide me to a tech document / white paper or anything? I'm really
new to ATM.

Thank you all
Shahir