Title: RE: Archives down so I have a few questions regarding PIX Firewall

If you are looking to get the manual, the Customer Order Number on it is DOC-786801 or Text Part Number 78-6801-01. Just from browsing through it, it seems pretty good.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cthulu, CCIE Candidate [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 10:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Archives down so I have a few questions regarding PIX
Firewall

Archives down so I have a few questions regarding PIX FirewallJoey,

I am looking for the same book, but have yet to find it.  As you may recall
from last week, I had a PIX firewall dropped in my lap gratis.  Up to that
time, I have had zero experience/exposure to the PIX, yet after a few days,
I am actually using it!!  This message is actually coming from behind the
PIX I configured.

I managed to accomplish this using the 'Configuration Guide for the PIX
Firewall'  that came with it.  The closest version of this I could find on
the Cisco website was:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_v51/

Between that and the smart PIX folks on this group, you should be able to
jerry rig something until a useful book comes out.

HTH,

Charles

""Fowler, Joey"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
E37739B46CE9D311A76700508B6CAF293CA93E@CORN" TARGET="_blank">news:E37739B46CE9D311A76700508B6CAF293CA93E@CORN...

Ok archives are down and I didn't find anything is my personal copy from the
last 2 weeks. So here are my ??'s
What is a good book for administering PIX firewall? I have a basic
understanding of everything from someone who went to the class and I have
done some maintenance but I'm looking for a more in-depth understanding.
Doesn't matter whether it helps with Certification directly but would be a
plus. I'm guessing that's what the Security specialization is.
Thanks in Advance,
Joey