BECNs are mesages from the network; sourced by the network switches which
the telco has control over, they are used to inform end devices or
frame-relay subscribers (like yourself) that they (the telco switch) have
entered a congested state. If elevated traffic levels continue the switch
will begin to relieve congestion by selectively discarding frames with the
DE (discard eligible) bit set to one. In other words these messages (BECNs)
are intended to make users aware of a possible degraded network state.

Its a warning (from the Telco) saying if you're over utilizing your link,
back off because we're gonna have to start dropping frames if this
congestion doesn't subside.

If you notice continual accrual of BECNs causing you grief  (delays,
latency etc) you might want to get the telco to reconfigure your path (PVC)
through their network.

At 09:26 AM 09/25/2000 -0700, Patrick Stiever wrote:
>Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
>       I have question on BECN s on a Frame-Relay Link.  What would I have
>to configure on the Routers to eliminate them, would it be a matter of
>setting up buffers?  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks.
>

>Patrick Stiever
>Communications Engineer
>24 Hour Fitness
>(760) 918 4459
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>**NOTE: New CCNA/CCDA List has been formed. For more information go to
>http://www.groupstudy.com/list/Associates.html

Tom Pruneau
Trainer Network Operations
GENUITY
3 Van de Graff Drive Burlington Ma. 01803
24 Hr. Network Operations Center 800-436-8489
If you need to get a hold of me my hours are 7AM-3PM ET Mon-Fri

This email is composed of 82% post consumer recycled data bits