All,

    I'm in the process of specing a new laptop for our company to use for
protocol analysis.  I plan on running NT or 2000.  Sniffer will have a
version for 2000 in November, a NAI rep told me.  Has anyone used Etherpeek,
and it's upper-layer portion - Netsense?  How does it compare to Sniffer
Pro, which I've used quite a bit.  Also, I'm looking for a Cardbus PCCard to
use with it.  I've heard rumors that 3Com cards perform hardware layer error
filtering, so that errors aren't passed up the stack, hence the analyzer
won't see see any runts, collisions, etc.  Using Sniffer Pro with a 3Com
card seems to verify this.  Does anyone have any recommendations on a
Cardbus 10/100 card that doesn't filter errors.  NAI told me they sell their
own "version" of a Xircom card, but they want $500 for it.  Any idea if it's
different from a retail version?

TIA,

Chuck Church
CCNP, CCDP, MCNE, MCSE