From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Jorge Rodriguez
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 12:21 PM
To: NetEng; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Upgrading to Cisco switches

I am not an expert on mixed switching devices, but I would say in  your
scenario I would make sure that if you're seting up
trunks then you will need to use 802.1q industry standar encap instead of
isl which is more of cisco proprietary.

Switches from different vendors must follow industry standard,
hoping that this is not a theory.

Jorge