On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Fowler, Joey wrote:

> I thought you couldn't schedule 2 Cisco tests on the same day?

I've never seen such a restriction on either Cisco's or Prometric's
site, and had no problem doing it online.  After scheduling the first
test, there's a "Schedule another exam" option on the Sylvan site,
in fact.

There may be a restriction that if you don't pass a test, you can't
re-take it on the same day.  Sylvan's online scheduler won't let you
input a date closer than two business days out.  I don't know if you
can get a same-day test appointment over the telephone or not.  There
are also some temporary test centers set up at the Networkers conferences
and perhaps some trade shows with free or reduced price tests.  It would
not surprise me to see some restrictions there to prevent people from
hogging the available resources.

What I did was schedule Support at 9:30 AM and Foundation at noon.
When I got to the testing center, they had my ID and both tests shown
on the screen.  The test center folks didn't seem to think it was
unusual and asked which one I wanted to do first, so I could have
gone in either order.  I had intentionally left some time in between
the tests in order to stretch my legs and re-read my cram notes.
Actually began the second test about 1/2 hour before it was scheduled.

Note that on that day the test center was not particularly busy, they
had four testing positions and for much of the time I was alone, toward
the end of my second test someone began a test at one of the other
positions.  I would expect some variation on how strictly they adhere
to the schedule from center to center, and possibly on how busy they
are that day.

This particular center was at an airport flight shop, which seems to
be fairly common.  If I recall correctly, Sylvan Prometric got their
start administering FAA written pilot exams.  The people who work in
flight shops are generally friendly and willing to accommodate their
customers, as long as it doesn't go against regulations.

--
Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/