Are your pings interesting?  What is your Idle-timeout?

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Niraj Palikhey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Intermittent ISDN connections
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 12:49:21 EDT

Hi,
Need help in trying to trouble-shoot an isdn pri E1 connection problem b/w 2
3640 routers using DDR b/w our two sites, one in Paris and one in Morocco.
The call connection drops after about a minute. I can do an extended ping to
the Morocco router from Paris. It works initially, but the link drops after
a couple of pings.
Does the dialer hold-queue have to be the same values on both routers to
keep the link up? I have 2 different values now, one at 75 and the other at
100.
I also have the dialer load-threshold 10 either command both routers. Should
this values be higher?
Also the hold-queue for the s0/0:15 interface is set for 75 on one router
and 150 in and 150 out on the other router. Should both these values be the
same?
Is there any special tweaking that needs to be done because these channels
are used for voice traffic?

Any help is gratefully appreciated.
Thank you.
Kind regards,