I was just reading Windows 2000 magazine today (hey no flames here) and
an interesting thing came up. A reader asked one of the editors why his
network performance was so bad on this one machine. Not going into allot
of detail here is a quote from the editor's answer:

"A second possibility is that the network adapter is defaulting to
full-duplex mode instead of half-duplex mode. Often, enabling
full-duplex mode on adapters-even when the network configuration (i.e.,
switches or NICs) supports it-actually reduces performance."

Now maybe I don't know something here, but does this sound like a good
answer to you? Full-duplex should provide more bandwidth if configured
properly. Wouldn't it be more proactive to try and fix whatever the
problem is (if it is the problem) with full-duplex, than switch to
half-duplex?

What do you think???
begin:vcard
n:Linehan;Michael
tel;fax:612-888-1355
tel;work:612-888-1501
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.cadcamsys.com
org:CAD/CAM Engineering Systems;Technical Support
adr:;;10850 Nesbitt Ave S;Bloomington;MN;55437;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Systems Engineer
note:Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of CAD/CAM Engineering Systems
fn:Michael Linehan
end:vcard