You would use BGP if you were going to have multiple redundant ISP
connections (Search: "multi-homing") at your Network hub.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "John Zaggat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: VPN, BGP & Redundant Network
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 10:17:14 -0700

Hi all,
We are trying to add redundancy to our network. There are all sorts of ideas
on the table. One of the ideas is to have each of the remote sites (all 7
sites within US) connect to a local ISP and use VPN when needed to backup
the frame-relay links that are inplace now. We use VPN extensively for our
clients to connect to us now. I am new to BGP, and hence the question: does
BGP play a role in this scenario and more importantly is this solution
possible in your opinion.
Thanks in advance for your help in advance
JZ

http://profiles.msn.com.