Ahh...understood.  Is there special software that allows two NICs to have
the same IP address to implement a "true" failover?  Because to me, two
separate NICs with different IP addresses isn't a failover.

If this is the case, ANY switch should do the job because the failover is
actually occuring at the server, not at the switch...correct?