what are you guys talking about?  of course you can have two or more routers sharing
the same ip subnet.  ever here of a backbone?

>>> "Donald B Johnson Jr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/10/00 03:52PM >>>
can we see the config on that one
i cant get it to work
Duck
  Frank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message 8rv8ve$vp1$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:8rv8ve$vp1$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
  Just one minor correction.... Of course you can have multiple router ports on a
single subnet!!
  Why couldn't you?!?!?  I just happen to have that implemented here... it's
called.... hhhmmm..
  a backbone!!
    ""Guyler, Rik [EESUS]"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
    No, 2 router ports cannot be on the same subnet.  You can, however, setup HSRP
(Hot-Standby Router Protocol), which will give you the redundancy you need.  This
requires 2 routers but gives you complete router redundancy and not just port/link
redundancy.  Search for HSRP on www.cisco.com.

    Rik