Hardware failure of some sort?... 3 years in production is a long time, you may just want to retire the router since you have a 2611..
Dear Friends,

I have 2501 which was working perfect for past 3 years. Suddenly last week, we found that the router is not working. We were not able to telnet to it. also we were not able to connect to it thru console port.Also the ping was failing.
We kept the router aside and purchased a new 2611. The other day the 2501 router was working perfectly.
Now If I switch off the router and switch it on. it takes 20 to 30 min before it is operational.
We have made no change to config register. nor any change in boot command is made.
what can be the possible cause. what should I check for ?

regards

Kaushal Bhatt
Systems Administrator
Thermax Systems & Software Ltd