2 devices shouldn't have the same loopback ip.  The loopback ip is
typically used as an ip to peer with and is not associated with a specific
interface.  That is the reason it is used.  I have only seen the decision
process get to that point once, and the details of the situation I don't
remember, its been a couple years.

                Brian