Not to shift the subject, but if you need the consistent latency and
reliability for multimedia, why not go with ATM?  The bandwidth available
is better than Token ring and the cost isn't *that* much more.
In any case, SNA over Ethernet is no problem in a well-designed
network.  As Priscilla stated, IBM has the market for most of the high-end
hardware that utilizes SNA, IBM likes(d) token ring, and change is a hard
thing to come by in the world of Big Blue.

Just my $0.02...
Craig