Boy oh Boy. What a week.

Had a 2 Meg WAN link swamped. Everyone complaining.
Noticed that the preferred route (hopwise) wasn't
being taken. It was preferring taking about 4 hops
over another 2 Meg link then HSSI at 6Meg followed by
two Fast Eth Segs. Protocol is EIGRP.

After banging my head for a while against the door and
ripping through Doylies book on TCP/IP, I noticed that
the delay on the HSSI interface was set to 200
microseconds. Whereas the default for 56K to 45 Meg is
20000 microsecs. Whipped it over to 20000 and
survived.

Thanks to Mr Geoff Doyle

Does anyone know of a bug in IOS 11.2(18)P for HSSI
interfaces setting a 200 microsecond default ?

Is out to TAC anyway, but just wondered.

Regards,

Phil.