On 13 Oct 2000 08:24:34 -0400, Andre' Paree-Huff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:someone done the CCNP in a day. are you saying they took all 4 and passed in
:a day? but never picked up a book until that morning.

That reference might be to me.  Three of the four tests can be taken in a
combination form, called Foundation of Routing and Switching.  It costs $200
as opposed to a total of $300.  Exam 640-509.  I took the support 640-506
and the Foundation test on the same day and passed both.  The nearest testing
center is over an hour away, so one trip and a $100 savings vs. four trips
seemed like a good way to go.  There is some overlap in material between
the three core CCNP exams, so if you feel ready it can be a smart move as
many concepts are repeated among the three sections.  It's a long stretch,
however.  About 200 questions in 2 1/4 hours.

As far as "never picked up a book until that morning", that is NOT the case,
at least for me.  I've been CCNA for over a year and put in quite a bit of
time studying and preparing.  I also am the senior network administrator for
a group of regional ISPs (common ownership), so I have a lot of on-the-job
experience.

I'm also pursuing CCIE, passed the written when it was beta (squeaked by)
and have attempted the lab.  I did the CCNP primarily for confidence
building in pursuit of CCIE, as it seems most pursue them in that order.

I will try the two tests I need for CCDP on the same day as well, 640-441
CCDA and 640-025 CID Design.

--
Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/