From: "Ray Mosely" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "net974 at Yahoo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: IP Unnumbered.
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:21:55 -0500

I'm no expert, but I have played with it.
We have a lab with an old 3000 token ring
router, back-to-back with a 2500 ethernet
router.  The 3000 is running IOS 9.x and
the 2500 is running 11.2.  The 3000 is on
a subnet with another router which is our
link into the Campus Area Network.

With ip unnumbered, we can not route
properly from the ethernet to the CAN.
When we put a bona fide subnet on
the serial ports, we can route to the CAN.

We haven't tried it with the 3000 on a higher
level IOS, because it would have to boot
from a tftp server, and we haven't taken
the time to set it up.

Ray M.