Of course, you can always use a loopback address as the 'unnumbered' address,
which gets around the problems of the ethernet availability.
Obviously the loopback interface uses an address itself, but depending on
whether you're using a loopback interface anyway, and how many unnumbered
interfaces refer to it, unnumbered with a loopback can still save IP addresses.

JMcL

---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 17/10/2000 11:23 am

"Brian W." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 17/10/2000 09:31:40 am

Please respond to "Brian W." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>