Good afternoon

I am now beginning serious CCIE preparation - written in 1 month and
lab in 6 months.

I am wondering how much the CCIE lab currently focuses on Token Ring
and its related technologies (SRB, RSRB, DLSW).  My lab at work has a
good deal of equipment - but alas, no token ring.  Do I need to go out
and buy some practice gear?  Or can I get away with my (strong)
theoretical knowledge.  (I have some hands-on experience with token
ring - but years ago with non-cisco gear).

I've heard that with the progression in technology that the CCIE lab
has turned its focus to more emerging technologies, such as VOIP.
Does that mean there is less focus on disappearing technologies, such
as token ring or FDDI?  Will it have changed in 6 months?

Has anyone taken the exam recently that can shed some light?  Without
breaking your NDA, of course :).

Thanks in advance!

Don Dettmore
CCNP (and a bunch of other irrelevant crap)