I am trying to setup a Frame Relay link in a lab situation. We have Layer 2
speaking LMI back and forth and the line Protocol is reported as Up on the
serial interface. We assigned it a Private address and created a static
route pointing at the serial interface of the other router. When you do a
Show ip route it reports that all the routes exist as I believe they should
(See config to follow) The Problem is we can't ping the IP address of the
local serial interface 192.168.4.1, and I can't seem to figure out why. I
beleive if I could ping the local serial interface then traffic would pass
from our development network to our test network on 192.168.3.1. Please
review my config on the 2610 and help me figure out why I can't ping the
local interface before I use this router as a frisbee (which would be a
shame considering it is a 2610)
Begin Config
Current configuration:
!
version 12.0
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log uptime
no service password-encryption
!
hostname cisco2600
!
enable password cisco
!
ip subnet-zero
!
!
!
!
!
interface Ethernet0/0
ip address 192.168.1.3 255.255.255.0
no ip directed-broadcast
!
interface Serial0/0
ip address 192.168.4.1 255.255.255.0
no ip directed-broadcast
encapsulation frame-relay IETF
no ip mroute-cache
frame-relay interface-dlci 101
!
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1
ip route 192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.4.2
no ip http server
!
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
dialer-list 1 protocol ipx permit
snmp-server engineID local 000000090200003094104240
snmp-server community public RO
!
line con 0
exec-timeout 0 0
password cisco
transport input none
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
password cisco
login
!
no scheduler allocate
end
cisco2600#
End Config
Please help to save my sanity! all responses are greatly appreciated!

Ken Claussen MCSE CCNA CCA