Hi All,

I am running Traffic Director version 5.7 on a Windows NT server 4.0 SP4 to
monitor rmon stats in catalyst switches (46 of them). I have two problems:

1) When I tried to install shared property file in one on the Catalyst 5000
switch I got the following message:

--------------
Install aborted:
Creating alarm for agent 3/23, Domain: RMON, Var: 1.3.6.1.2.1.16.1.1.1.8.
Entry or Group not present  in Agent: NTSC-5000.
--------------

The line card in module 3 is WSX5224 (24 port 10/100 Autosense). NTSC-5000
is the switch name. The switch is running 4.5(4) (that is the standard for
the organisation) and has Supervisor module II (WSX5506 - 100BaseFx, MMF).
RMON is enabled in the switch and CDP is enable in each port.

Obviously, no data is logged. I have another 20 Catalyst 5000 switches and
none of them are giving this problem. The only difference in this switch is
it has a WSX5012 (48 port 10 Half) line card.

2) When I add a Catalyst 5509 switch as an switch agent, I don't see any
ports even though the test passes. Clicking on Learn does no avail. I have 3
other Cat 5509 without any problem. The switch is running 4.5(4), Supervisor
module II (WSX5509 - 100BaseTx, MII), RMON and CDP enabled. Line cards are 7
WSX5225r (24 port 10/100 Auto ISL enabled).

I appreciate any suggestion/comments/solution.

Manzur Shaheed
CCNA, 3/4 CCNP (1 exam left)
CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential
information intended for the use of the addressee. The confidentiality and/or
privilege in this e-mail is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been transmitted
to you in error. If you received this e-mail in error you must (a) not disseminate,
copy or take any action in reliance on it; (b) please notify  Australia Post
immediately by return e-mail to the sender; (c) please delete the original e-mail.