I am using a PIX for a VPN Solution in my SOHO.  I am using PPTP
because that is the easy way out.  After a lengthy struggle, I can finally
take a Windows NT laptop and dial into an ISP and then use RAS to connect
and authenticate on my PIX via PPTP.

        My PIX issues my laptop an IP address from the local pool.  My local
pool is issuing a portion of addresses that I have omitted from DHCP on my
LAN.  When I do an IPCONFIG on my laptop I can see the IP address issued
from the ISP and the IP address issued from the PIX.

        Here's the problem:  I can't ping anything on my LAN including my
"Inside" port from my laptop.  When I telnet from my LAN into my PIX, I
can't ping my laptop,  But I can ping the address on the laptop that was
issued by the ISP.  When I do a "show vpdn", I see an active tunnel but the
only IP address I see is the one on the laptop from the ISP.

Can anybody explain to me why the PIX would not be routing the IP address
that it issued to the laptop across the inside and outside ports.

TIA,
Brian Parris
Network/Systems Administrator
www.carotek.com