From: Mark Cohen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 12:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Possible phony CCIE

Greetings-

        I recently worked on a project with a fellow who claimed to be a
CCIE. He
even gave me his card with the CCIE logo on it. At least I think it is the
CCIE logo. It is a router symbol surrounded with laurels and has the words
Cisco Certified Internetwork Engineer circling it as well. After asking this
person a few questions, I became suspicious of his credentials due to his
apparent lack of knowledge of the fundamentals. (I never asked for his CCIE
number because I attempted verification only after I left the account). I
faxed a copy of the business card he gave me (homemade BTW) to someone in
the CCIE program at Cisco.  She told me the card is bogus and that she would
send the card to the Cisco lawyers. That was three months ago and this
person is STILL working on site there. What do you people think I should do
now? Send e-mail to the persons that are contracting him there? He is
charging a very high bill rate. The people he is working don't have enough
knowledge to confirm his credentials. Should I let this go? Isn't part of my
cert agreement with Cisco to protect the logo? I feel that Cisco isn't doing
anything to protect us here.

Mark Cohen
CCNA, MCSE, MCP+I