HPOV NNM has a filter file, you would add a "discovery filter" to that file,
and then configure NNM to use that filter. Kinda like an access list.
(sorta)

you can filter on all kinds of different attributes.
node type
ip address
node name

some companies (like one I know very well) use an inclusive filter and tell
NNM exactly which nodes they want to manage.

I'd love to go on, if you want to continue this discussion off line...

Or... .there is an email list server call OVFORUM that this would be better
suited for.

Timothy Estes
CCNA
The Signature Group