Newsgroups: groupstudy.cisco
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 9:43 AM
Subject: Re: ISL Trunk on a 2500

There are no FE interfaces that are avaiable for the 2500's..  if you want to route between the VLANs, the easiest way is to connect a router to each VLAN via the Ethernet interface, connect those 2 routers together with a back-to-back DCE/DTE cable on the serial interfaces. Enable a routing protocol and assuming you have numbered your subnets properly, then anything on those two vlans can be routed...

You could even hook the 3rd router to a 3rd vlan and connect it's serial port to one of the other 2500s... then you can router 3 subnets between 3 routers..

Hope that helps
Russ...
"Juan Blanco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
Folks,

    I need help, I have 3 2500 router and 1 2900 switch, I want to be able to route between two vlans, I don't have a 100mb/s Ethernet interface on any of my routers.

Questions:

        1 There is a 100mb/s interface available for the 2500

        2 If there is not a 100mb/s for the 2500 then there is a workaround to be able to do the same thing.

Thanks in advance for your response.....

Juan