Sorry that this isn't a real answer to your question, but I just wanted to
mention that I think it might be a misnomer to call IEEE 802.11b "wireless
Ethernet." The frame format and media access control methods are pretty
different. 802.11 uses CSMA/CA for one thing.

The popular press calls it wireless Ethernet sometimes, but that's because
they were never interested in the IEEE or Ethernet until something sexy
came along. (By the way, my A+ certification book implies that the IEEE was
formed to invent firewire, IEEE 1394. So there are lots of misconceptions
out there. &;-)

Priscilla