Hi, all,

What do y'all think about the following as a general rule of thumb for
deploying OSPF?  I pulled this information together from a variety of
sources, including Cisco TAC, this group, and the vending machine man who
gave me 50 cents back.  I think following these guidelines would result in
designs that reduce the load on the routers (less databases and networks to
process) plus make for easier troubleshooting.    Of course, I also think
the Loch Ness monster is real ( I saw her playing water polo with my
mother-in-law;)

Anyways, your thoughts would be appreciated.

Guidelines for Deploying OSPF

Number of Areas Per Router
Router Series   Number of Areas
7xxx                  <5
3xxx-4xxx         <4
2xxx                  <3

Number of Routers Per Area
<51 Routers Per Area

Number of Networks Per Router
Router Series   Number of Networks
7xxx                  <150
3xxx-4xxx         <100
2xxx                  <50

Replies and flames equally welcome to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Charles