Earlier this year I brought the binder of course material from my advanced
BGP class to an interview with me.  To have something to look at while I
was waiting.  A small plain pink binder.  It was on the conference table
in front of me during the whole interview process.  When they got around
to asking me some BGP questions, there was some stuff I couldn't recall.
I'd been cracking jokes the whole time (I'm pretty much full-on nonstop
all the time..my dad was a morning radio DJ ;-) and everybody laughed when
I asked them if I could refer to my source material.  "Sure," one guy
said, "go ahead".  So I popped open my BGP book and started looking up the
answers.

The perfect timing impressed them more than anything, I think.