On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 10/28/00 12:30:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

> > Earlier this year I brought the binder of course material from my advanced
> > BGP class to an interview with me.  To have something to look at while I
> > was waiting.  A small plain pink binder.  It was on the conference table
> > in front of me during the whole interview process.  When they got around
> > to asking me some BGP questions, there was some stuff I couldn't recall.
> > I'd been cracking jokes the whole time (I'm pretty much full-on nonstop
> > all the time..my dad was a morning radio DJ ;-) and everybody laughed when
> > I asked them if I could refer to my source material.  "Sure," one guy
> > said, "go ahead".  So I popped open my BGP book and started looking up the
> > answers.
> >
> > The perfect timing impressed them more than anything, I think.
> >

> Did you get the job???  ;)

No.  But it was weird, and the second weird sketchy interview in a row I
had been to.  The guy who was to be my boss wanted to hire me.  There had
to be unanimous agreement with all the people from the tech interview
though.  One guy said he didn't think I'd be good for the job.  Then he
offered me a job in his department instead.  Which smellled funny to me.
And the whole reason I'd been so psyched about the interview was because
of my first meeting with my potential new boss, which went exceedingly
well.  We could communicate very rapidly, there was an instant rapport.
BUT, at the end of the interview I explained to him how in my last
interview the hiring manager had told me he would call me personally
either way the next day and instead I got an email two days later from
some office flunky.  And how that had really bothered me.  He assured me
he'd call the next day, no bs.  He didn't.

People.

Whatcha gonna do?

I did eventually get a job.  Which I usually like a great deal ;-)

:Fuzz

===
Fuzz Leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 504.885.9758 voice
Principal Engineer | Product Development | Infrastructure | Taste
CSA, Inc. www.csa-solutions.com          Revolution.  New Orleans style.