On Sun, 29 Oct 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Point-to-multipoint. Lets say you have the head, and it's connected to 5
> remote ends. On the head you would use basically 5 subinterfaces. Each for a
> different remote end. This is easy to me and normal. His question makes me
> think though because he is asking if, instead of having one sub-int for each
> remote end, to have 4 interfaces and lets say one of those sub-int's for 2 of
> the remote ends. I haven't ever seen this done and I'm wondering if it would
> work??? Hmmm, interesting thought. Anybody up for it?

The whole point of point-to-multipoint is to connect to more than one
remote.  If you run point to multipoint on a subinterface, you can map
more than one dlci/destination pair.

If you had 5 remotes and 5 interfaces, then you would no doubt have 5
networks, and would probably want to run point-to-point.  Unless you had
more than one remote on a network, then you would run
point-to-multipoint........all I am saying is the only reason you would
run point to multipoint in the first place is if you had more than one
destination off a subinterface.

Brian