With "no ip classless" the router looks for an exact match for a route. If
not found the packet is dropped. So if the packet destination is 172.16.33.1
and 172.16.33.0 /24 is not in the table then it goes into the bit bucket.
With "ip classless" if an exact match is not found then a less specific
route will be chosen. In this case if 172.16.33.0 /24 is not in the table
but 172.16.0.0 /16 is in the table then the packet will be routed towards
172.16.0.0. The hope is that at that destination there is a more specific
route. Supports route summarization.