Congrats Chuck,

This is your time for a little rest before the "big one".
I have been on this list for about four months and realized that the help
I am getting is invaluable. The best advise from the list so far is
surely the reference to Jeff Doyle's BIBLE I have been  procrastinating
on the OSPF (chapter 9) for at least a 1 1/2 week so far. OSPF is so well
written, covered, explained, broken down, configured etc... that I cannot
wait to take in the rest of the book (I started with chapter 9)

My library consist of over 100 books (not only Cisco) and this is by far the
most comprehensible
book that I ran across for the subjects covered (wish BGP was covered). I
know it has been said
a thousand time but if you do not have that book the you don't have a
complete routing library!

Way to go again Chuck and I like your comments!!!!!

Daniel

""Chuck Larrieu"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
000b01c04116$3478ecc0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:000b01c04116$3478ecc0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> [...]
> the humor that is to be found in a couple of places? :->
>
> In terms of preparation, let me state that in my experience, there is NO
> substitute for Jeff Doyle's TCP/IP Routing, nor Bassam Halabi's Internet
> Routing Architectures. I also used the CCIE Exam Cram book, with good
> effect. Heresy as it is to suggest this, I believe that in terms of pure
> test preparation, that with regards to Radia Perlman's Interconnections,
one
> might find better ways to spend one's time. ( this is NOT to say there is
no
> value to be found, NOR is it to say that one should NOT read the book. It
is
> only to say that in terms of pure preparation for the CCIE written as I
saw
> it, there are better sources available ) I also took advantage of a number
> of study materials freely available from CCO, CCPrep, and our own
groupstudy
> web site. The latter two sites have some token ring / RIF information that
> was invaluable. I also spent a LOT of time with the materials one can
obtain
> by subscribing to Certification Zone ( disclosure - I have been
compensated
> for services rendered to Certification Zone )
>
> If I were to tabulate, I would say that the plurality of questions
involved
> OSPF and bridging of various kinds. There was far less BGP than I would
have
> expected, given what the Blueprint describes. In terms of a couple of
areas,
> such as router operation, protocol behavior fundamentals, and so on, that
> Exam Cram proved to be quite useful. One might consider investing in this
> one even at the CCNA level, and growing into it.
>
> Also, when you read my signature, your will understand that I am
embarrassed
> to report that my worst score by far fell under the category of security
>
> Lastly, I wanted to mention that I saw several questions on my test that I
> have also seen posed here on Groupstudy - almost word for word, and right
> down to some very accurate representations of the diagrams. Some of you
bad
> boys and girls have been violating the NDA. Shame on you ;->
>
> I am aware that Nigel, Bernard, and the other Chuck will be taking their
> written's over the next couple of days. It is definitely looking like the
> class of 2001 is shaping up quite well. Hey, guys, I look forward to
seeing
> your announcements of your own success Monday and Tuesday. There is no
doubt
> in my mind. If I can do it, you certainly can. Just don't outsmart
> yourselves. Always THINK!  :->
>
> I kinda look at it this way. I began the climb to Everest at the shoreline
> of India. CCNA/CCDA = Delhi. CCNP/CCDP = Katmandu. CCIE Written = Base
Camp