Based on the amount of voice/multiservice on the written, it looks like
AVVID will be plentiful on the lab.  That, and the fact that Cisco wants us,
as a reseller, to really push IP telephony.  I just hope this doesn't make
the CCIE "easier" to obtain.  I'd rather have to take it twice than having
it become easy enough so that most people pass it the first time.  My MCSE
(which I got in '96 when it was harder) is so easy to get these days, it's
ridiculous.  (Please no flames from those who just got their MCSEs)  I'd
just rather see it remain the high-paying, hard to obtain cert that it is.

Just my .02,

Chuck Church
CCNP, CCDP, MCNE, MCSE
Sr. Network Engineer
Magnacom Technologies
140 N. Rt. 303
Valley Cottage, NY 10989
845-267-4000 x218

>Hello,

>That is pretty nice for the new folks to Internetworking like myself.  I
>just passed the CCIE written a few days ago and am about to schedule my lab
>date.  I wonder what kind of configs we will see on the lab to replace the
>waning technologies.

>I guess in retrospect this is both good and bad.  Good in the fact that
>Cisco is keeping up with all the new technologies but bad because the study
>materials and equipment to setup and practice for things like VOIP and
AVVID