From: Curtis Call [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 4:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: DNS and access-list

You mentioned that you have an access-list allowing port 53 for tcp or udp
but the question is are you filtering the response that is coming back from
the DNS server.  Do you have access-lists filtering traffic coming from that
direction?  It will be responding to a dynamic port number (it's destination
won't be 53, it'll be whatever your computer decides) so I don't know a way
to include that into an access-list unless you can force your computer to
always use a certain port when performing DNS queries (which is something
that I don't know how to setup).