Reflexive access lists will accomplish this because a dynamic opening is
created in your inbound access allowing the dns traffic back in.  I'm
currently using this with Port Address Translation (not that PAT has
anything to do with it working or not) and it works great.

So for example, lets say you originate a UDP dns request for
www.microsoft.com with a source port of 12345 and a destination port of 53.
For the reply to come back in, the reflexive access list creates a dynamic
opening allowing traffic from your dns servers IP address and source port 53
and a destination port of 12345.

Under most circumstances you don't need to allow for other dns servers to
come back in because your local workstations will only query specified dns
servers either manually configured or configured with DHCP.  If these dns
servers do not know the location of the url you're requesting, the query is
forwarded to another dns server until the url is resolved.  The reply to the
dns query however will only be received from the dns server that was
originally queried by the workstation.

BTW you can only use the reflexive parameter with extended named access
lists.

Best regards,
Brian Morkert