Their book list for CCIE design is pretty bizarre. The most bizarre thing
is that they recommend "Designing Campus Networks." Read the Amazon reviews
before you buy that clunker. (It's not the same as "Designing Cisco Networks.")

In answer to your actual question, you would be missing out on a great book
if you don't read Doyle's "Routing TCP/IP." It is not focused only on
configuration. It is focused on explaining how the routing protocols really
work. You should read it for all certs, I think.

Priscilla