Where is Howard when we need him!  &;-) Seriously, if he were to answer,
I'm sure he would say that your understanding is right on. Routing
protocols are supposed to be ships in the night. So a static route, which
is a different routing protocol (or non-routing protocol), shouldn't affect
OSPF's LSAs. But it does in your case. It could be a bug, as you say.

Do you have a lab where you could try to recreate the problem? I wish I had
more time and I would try it....

Would a workaround be to give the static route a higher administrative
distance? Maybe if you make it a "floating static route" by giving it an
admin distance higher than OSPF, it won't get in the way of Router B's
OSPF's LSA over to Router C. Not sure if that would meet your goals, though.

Priscilla