--- Austin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I am using a static mapping
on the pix for an inside illegal address
> to an
> outside legal address.
> I want to allow the inside machine to be pinged from the outside as
> well as
> allow http traffic to that machine.
> Lets say the inside address is 10.1.1.5 and the internet legal
> address is
> 45.33.20.5
> This is what I did:
>
> static (inside, outside) 45.33.20.5 10.1.1.5
> conduit permit icmp host 45.33.20.5 any
> conduit permit tcp host 45.33.20.5 eq www any
>
> I cannot ping the inside machine from the internet with this config.
> Please help.
>
> Thanks.

What are your global commands?  Do a show global and send them in.
Also, whenever making changes do a write mem and then clear xlate

Rgds
Ben

=====
Ben Lovegrove, CCNP (+ Security)
Redspan Solutions Ltd
http://www.redspan.com
http://www.bensbookmarks.com
Cisco: Products, Training, Jobs, Study Guides, Resources.